Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Sidney is 1

I've purposely prolonged this post because I'm in denial that my baby is 1. I promise people, we just had this child. I mean, it certainly feels like we just brought her home. I remember all the preparation for her arrival. You know, big sister books for Weslyn, transitioning the guest room to a nursery, and washing all the baby girl clothes; not to mention getting out all the baby items that took over our living room. Swings and bassinets are huge. On the other hand, I remember the hard times as well. My pregnancy with Sidney was hard. It was exhausting. It was emotional. It was a test of faith. I remember back to my days in the hospital when I should have been really scared. God gave me a peace that surpasses all understanding and a few months later He helped me deliver a perfectly healthy baby girl. Some times I sit and look at her, just in awe that she's here. God's mercy on our family has been so overwhelming and I'm definitely in love with this little girl. Fast forward to a year later and I've learned a lot about our Sidney girl. She's funny, loves her momma, scared of little dogs, loves to sleep and is full of DRAMA. Let me remind you that I was on light bed rest for nearly 15 weeks with Sidney. She gave us a good scare. When she was born, the cord was wrapped around her neck and she wasn't breathing. Seconds later her blue face turned pink and she let out a loud cry. Seriously, yikes. I mean all of that shouts out drama. Since then, the child has been full of it in the sweetest, most endearing way possible. She knows what she wants and will let you know it. As tiring as it can be, I've come to admire my little ball of fire. I connect with her too. The first time my mother experienced Sidney's personality she said, "Oh, Sarah. You were the same way. You would cry out of nowhere, for no reason. Like someone just came up and pinched you." Well...that makes sense.

We were so lucky to have Lawton's family in town to celebrate Sidney's birthday. So Sidney got a little party on her birthday, then another one a few days later. I know, spoiled rotten, right?



Sidney Catherine Graves, born on August 18, 2013



































Sidney's first year has been a whirlwind of emotions but nothing short of amazing. Thank you, Lord for our sweet Sidney girl. She makes our family better!

No comments: